901. Manners are quite different from country to country.各国的礼仪各不相同。 |
902. Not only did I know her, but I was her best friend.我不仅认识她,还是她最好的朋友。 |
903. The best-known movie awards are the Academy Awards.最著名的电影奖是奥斯卡金像奖。 |
904. We've got to do something about the neighbor's dog!我们得对邻居的狗采取点行动了! |
905. Will you come and join us for dinner on Sunday?星期天来和我们共进晚餐好吗? |
906. Do you think people are a company's greatest wealth?你认为人是公司最大的财富吗? |
907. He thinks himself somebody, but we think him nobody.他自以为是重要人物,但我们觉得他什么也不是。 |
908. I believe I haven't reached the summit of my career.我相信我还没有达到事业的巅峰。 |
909. It is no matter whether you get there early or late.你早到晚到都没有关系。 |
910. It's against the rules to handle the ball in soccer.在足球中以手触球就是犯规。 |
911. The nurse assisted the doctor in the operating room.护士在手术室协助医生动手术。 |
912. What I do on my own time is nobody else's business.我在自己的时间里干什么根本不关别人的事。 |
913. What I want to do is different from those of others.我想做的与别人不同。 |
914. You forget to write down the date of your departure.您忘了写离店日期了。 |
915. “I wish I'd known about that rule earlier", she said.“我要是早点知道这个规矩就好了!”她说。 |
916. Could you tell me your secret for a long, happy life?你能告诉我长时间地过着快乐的生活的秘诀吗? |
917. He holds a position of great responsibility upon him.他担任着一个责任重大的职务。 |
918. It is said he has secret love affairs with two women!据说他背地里和两个女人有关系! |
919. Number 13 buses run much more frequently, don't they?13路车跑得更勤,是不是? |
920. They are only too delighted to accept the invitation.他们非常乐意接受邀请。 |
921. We are going to have the final examination next week.我们下周举行期末考试。 |
922. And now medical care helps to keep people alive longer.现在的医疗保健使得人们活得更长。 |
923. Do you think you'll be able to go to sleep fight away?你认为你马上就能睡着吗? |
924. I am in charge of the company when the manager is out.经理不在时山我来管理公司。 |
925. I borrowed a notebook from Tom and I lent it to Marry.我从汤姆那儿借了一本笔记本,我又把它借给玛丽了。 |
926. I'm doing some washing and John is cooking dinner.我正在洗衣服,约翰在做晚饭。 |
927. Were there any exciting incidents during your journey?你们在旅行中有没有什么令人激动的事情? |
928. As far as policy is concerned, I have to say something.谈到政策,我得说几句。 |
929. Could you tell me what the maximum weight allowance is?您能告诉我行李的最大重量限额是多少吗? |
930. He came out of the library, a large book under his arm.他夹着本厚书,走出了图书馆。 |
931. The brothers differ from each other in their interests.这几个兄弟各有所好。 |
932. Although we can't see these atoms, they really do exist.虽然我们看不见原子,但它们的确存在。 |
933. I am familiar with the casual atmosphere in the company.我对公司中这种放松的氛围感到很熟悉。 |
934. Most people eat, write, and work with their fight hands.大多数人吃饭,写字,工作都用右手。 |
935. Only by working hard can we succeed in doing everything.只有努力,才能成功 |
936. Take it easy, you will be all right in a couple of days.。别担心,你两天之内就会痊愈的。 |
937. The Beatles represented part of the spirit of their age.甲壳虫乐队代表了他们时代的部分精神。 |
938. There being no one to help me, I had to do it all alone.因为没有人帮助我,我不得不独立完成这项工作。 |
939. How much cloth does it take to make a skirt for the girl?女孩做一条裙子要用多少布? |
940. With all these mouths to feed, he didn't know what to do.由于有那么多人要供养,他不知道怎么办才好。 |
941. I forgot to prepare the speech I'm supposed to give today.我忘了准备今天的我该做的演讲了。 |
942. It's supposed to start at 6:30 sharp, but I doubt it will.应该是六点半整的,但是我觉得够呛。 |
943. On behalf of my company, I would like to welcome you here.我代表我们公司欢迎你来这里。 |
944. She's been quite different since coming back from America.从美国回来之后,她变化很大。 |
945. Today it is common that women and girls make up in public.今天,在公共场所看到妇女和姑娘化妆打扮是很普遍的事。 |
946. I have to transfer to No. ll bus, but where is the bus stop?我需要换乘11路公共汽车,但是汽车站在哪儿? |
947. I supposed him to be very clever but he was in fact a fool.我以为他很聪明,其实他是个蠢货。 |
948. The rabbit ran to the woods and did not come back any more.兔子跑进了森林再也没有出来了。 |
949. Tom and Mary congratulated us on the birth of our daughter.汤姆和玛丽为我们女儿的出生向我们表示祝贺。 |
950. I can't help eating sweets whenever they are in my presence.我无论什么时候一看到甜食就忍不住要吃。 |
951. l am vacuuming the floor now and have several shirts to iron.我正在用真空吸尘器清理地板,还有好几件衬衫要熨。 |
952. I will love you until the seas run dry and the rocks crumble.我将爱你直到海枯石烂。 |
953. There is a broken small old gray stone bridge over the river河上有一座破烂不堪的、古老的、灰色的小石桥。 |
954. No wonder people say that computers are taking over the world.难怪有人说电子计算机正渐渐接管世界。 |
955. The enormous increase of population will create many problems.巨大的人口增长将产生很多问题。 |
956. There's nothing better for you than plenty of water and sleep.你最好多喝水多休息。 |
957. You should always depend on yourself rather than someone else.你应该是依靠你自己,而不足别人。 |
958. I would like to express to all of you here our sincere welcome.让我向在座诸位致以最真挚的欢迎。’ |
959. Many people prefer living in the country to living in the town.许多人喜欢住在农村而不喜欢住在城市。 |
960. Since I'm here, I'd like to try a typical dish of this country.既然来了,我想吃这个国家特有的食物。 |
961. Walking up and down the stairs would beat any exercise machine.上下楼梯可比什么健身器都要好。 |
962. Had it not been for the alarm clock she wouldn't have been late.如果不是因为闹钟不响的话,她就不会迟到了。 |
963. How ever you may work hard, the boss will not be fully satisfied.无论你有多努力,老板总不会完全满意。 |
964. If he had not broken his tooth, he would not be in hospital now.如果他没有把牙齿弄坏,现在就不在医院了。 |
965. You might as well throw your money away as spend it in gambling.你与其把钱花在赌博上,不如把它丢掉的好。 |
966. Can you put me in the picture about the World Cup Football Match?你能给我讲讲关于世界杯足球赛的状况吗? |
967. I'm usually just using the search engines to look up information.我通常只是用搜索引擎找一些资料。 |
968. He goes home early everyday for fear that his wife would be angry.他每天很早就回家,免得老婆生气。 |
969. I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you employment.很遗憾地告诉你,我们无法雇用你。 |
970. I will continue my learning, though I am tired of learning English.尽管我很烦英语,我还是要学它。 |
971. Li Bai is one of the greatest poets that have ever lived in China.李白是中国有史以来最伟大的诗人之一。 |
972. Many people complain that computers are taking over their jobs.许多人抱怨说计算机正在接管人的工作。 |
973. The cupboards in her kitchen were full of things she did not need.她厨房的橱柜中放满了她不需要的东西。 |
974. What be said did not annoy me much, for I knew he did not mean it.我并不在乎他所说的,我知道他不是那个意思。 |
975. He asked me some personal questions, but I would never answer them.他问了我几个个人问题,我根本不愿回答。 |
976. I don't care where we go as long as we don't have to stand in line.不管去哪里,只要不用站着排队就行。 |
977. She likes Mike a lot, but she doesn't want to get married so early.她喜欢迈克,但她不想那么早就结婚。 |
978. Why don't you find a job and end this dependence upon your parents?你为何不找个职业.不再依靠你的父母呢? |
979. Will you please try to find out for me what time the train arrives?能不能请你帮我查查火车什么时候到? |
980. A good knowledge of English will improve your chances of employment.英语好将有助于增加你们的就业机会。 |
981. If she finds out you spilled ink on her coat, she'll blow her stack.如果她发现你在她上衣上洒了墨水,她会大发脾气的。 |
982. I would be very grateful for information about entry to your college.若能寄给我贵校的入学申请材料我将十分感激。 |
983. Mr. Smith knew Jack didn't look at the others because he was nervous.史密斯先生知道杰克不敢看别人是因为紧张。 |
984. On being introduced to somebody, a British person often shakes hands.英国人被介绍给别人的时候常常和对方握握手。 |
985. I want to take a walk along the river bank, singing my favorite songs.我想在河边散步,唱我喜欢的歌。 |
986. Many people believe that overweight results from overeating and stress.很多人认为肥胖超重是因为吃得过多和压力造成的。 |
987. Yet all these things, different as they seem, have one thing in common.然而所有这些东西,看上去虽不同,但却有一个共同点。 |
988. All my best memories come back clearly to me, some can even make me cry.所有美好的记忆又在我脑海清晰地浮现了,有些甚至还令我哭泣。 |
989. This is the most wonderful day of my life, because I'm here with you now.今天是我一生中最美好的一天,因为我现在和你在一起。 |
990. When I was young, I'd listen to the radio, waiting for my favorite songs.当我还是个小女孩的时候,我常听着收音机,等待我最喜欢的歌。 |
991. I'm certain he'll go to see the film, because he's bought a ticket.我肯定他会去看电影的,冈为他把票都买好了。 |
992. Unfortunately you'll have to pay the fine before you check those books out.在你借书之前你要先付清罚款。 |
993. Hi! You guys keep talking so loudly that I have to speak at the top my voice!哎!你们一直这样大声讲话,我都不得不扯着嗓子说话了。 |
994. We should not only know the theory but also how to apply it to practice.我们不仅要知道理论,还要知道怎样把理论应用于实践。 |
995. Combining exercise with the diet may be the most effective way to lose weight. 运动与节食结合也许是减肥最有效的途径。 |
996. The maximum weight allowance is 60 kilos per traveler, excluding hand luggage. 每个旅客托运的行李最大重量限额是60公斤,手提行李除外。 |
997. You are just putting on a little weight. I believe you'll get that off easily.你只是稍微胖了些.很快就会恢复的。 |
998. In many countries, more and more companies are replacing people with computers.在许多国家有越来越多的公司使用电子计算机来代替人。 |
999. There are mice next to the refrigerator, under the sink and inside the cupboard!冰箱边、洗碗槽下,还有橱柜里面都有老鼠! |